HALO 5 Whole House Water Treatment System: Top 10 Benefits
According to the Environmental Working Group, the national average for tap water contaminants is 10, with some levels above legal limits. (You can find out what’s in your tap water here.) Whole house water treatment purification systems may be the perfect solution for those seeking cleaner water throughout their home. HALO is one of the leading providers of water treatment systems, and Front Range HVAC is an approved, licensed provider and installer for these systems. But is water treatment right for you?
The most obvious and logical benefits of water treatment products is clear, better-tasting water, eliminating the need to buy bottled water. However, with whole-house systems like HALO 5, the advantages go far beyond the drinking glass. Here are the top 10 benefits:
- Clean, clear, and great-tasting water throughout your home. Reverse osmosis systems are typically local to your kitchen sink. The HALO 5 system purifies water in every faucet, bath, and shower in the house, and even outside faucets.
- Elimination of contaminants, chlorine, and chloramines. Some drinking water sources have more chlorine than recommended in a public pool. The HALO system rids your water of chlorine and other contaminants.
- Maintains water’s healthy minerality. The HALO 5 system removes contaminants but does NOT remove minerals essential for human health, which also give the water taste.
- No slimy feeling water. Water softeners often leave skin feeling slimy, with many consumers complaining that they have difficulty rinsing away soap. Like most mineral spring water, this system leaves the skin feeling refreshed and clean, and the hair feeling soft.
- Cleaner laundry and efficiently running appliances. Cleaner water means better operating laundry and dishwasher.
- Effectively controls hard water problems without the use of chemicals. Many parts of Colorado have hard water. This system controls hard water through filters vs chemicals.
- Dissolves existing scale and prevents new scale formations. Hard water also forms deposits that clog plumbing. These deposits, called “scale” can be cleaned and prevented with the HALO 5 system.
- Inhibits corrosion. Corrosion is a natural process that occurs when metals react with oxygen in water and form metal oxides. Water treatment systems like this one can inhibit that corrosion.
- Requires no reverse osmosis. Many reverse osmosis systems remove the good with the bad. Iron, calcium, and manganese are a few of the beneficial chemicals that may be removed, depending on your system. Reverse osmosis systems also may remove fluoride, thus putting kids at increased risk for cavities.
- No maintenance required. Following the installation process, your system is generally maintenance-free.
- Do you still have questions about whole home water treatment? Front Range HVAC is happy to provide more information and pricing options that work best for your home or office. Give us a call today.