Most of us would have no idea what to do without our heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning system (HVAC.) The modern HVAC system allows your home to be enjoyed comfortably throughout the entire year, no matter what the outside elements are doing.
Since this system is critical to keep your living space livable, it needs to be kept in the best shape possible. Can you, the homeowner, take care of routine HVAC maintenance, or should it be left to the pros? Let’s learn more about what your HVAC needs so you know if you can give it.
So, Can You Maintain an HVAC System Yourself?
Yes, and no. There are certainly issues that can be taken care of by you the homeowner, but there are also things having to do with your HVAC that should be left to the professionals, let’s see what you can and can’t do.
HVAC Maintenance for You
There are little things that you can take care of throughout the year to help maintain your HVAC such as:
- Checking/changing dirty air filters
- Checking your ducts for the leak
- Trimming back any organic debris such as leaves and branches from your exterior HVAC units
- Small repairs (if you know what you’re doing)
HVAC Maintenance for the Pros
- Annual regular maintenance
- Medium to large scale repairs
- Any repairs directly dealing with gas or electric lines
- Professional duct cleaning
- Any maintenance issue where you don’t know what you’re doing
Homeowners can easily accomplish most small HVAC maintenance issues like changing our air filters and checking ducts for leaks while any complex repairs and regular maintenance should always be left to your local HVAC pros.
NEVER attempt a repair on your HVAC if you don’t know what you’re doing as failure to properly repair HVAC could result in hazardous conditions for both you and your family.
Regular maintenance and proper care of your home’s HVAC system begins with the help of a local and reputable company specializing in furnace repair in Denver. When you get hooked up with regular maintenance by a reliable HVAC, your home’s HVAC system will always be in proper working order.