Energy Efficiency is becoming more and more popular as Colorado continues working toward reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The City of Denver and Xcel Energy are currently providing Energy Rebates as an incentive for replacing your existing HVAC system with more efficient equipment, so we wanted to share what you need to know!
Eligibility for Denver’s Climate Action Heat Pump Rebate Program is based on the following criteria:
- You must live in the City and County of Denver
- You must apply the rebate to a project at an existing residence. New Construction properties are not eligible for this program.
- The project location must be in an existing single-family home or multi-family building of 4 units or less.
- You must be an Xcel Energy Customer.
- The installing contractor must be an Xcel Energy-rated contractor
There is a limited amount of funds available for Denver’s Climate Action Heat Pump Rebate Program. Once the funds run out, this Rebate Program will end.
Eligibility for Xcel Energy’s Equipment Rebates is based on the following criteria:
- You must be an existing gas and/or electric customer of Xcel Energy in Colorado
- The install must consist of qualifying equipment
Xcel’s rebates are available every year, and the funds do not run out. However, equipment qualification for Xcel Rebates are subject to change.
While Denver’s Rebate Program is specifically for Heat Pumps, Heat Pump Water Heaters and Minisplit Heat Pumps – Xcel Energy has rebate options available for many different types of equipment.
Want to take advantage of these rebates? You can call your local HVAC Contractor to see if you qualify!
Still have more questions? You can find more information over these rebates through the links below.
Denver Climate Action Rebate Program:
Xcel Energy Rebates: